Chyavanaprasham, also known as Chyawanprash, is a traditional Ayurvedic herbal formulation that originated in ancient India. It is a well-known herbal jam that is widely used as a health supplement and tonic in Ayurveda, a traditional system of medicine that dates back thousands of years.
The formula for Chyavanaprasham is mentioned in ancient Ayurvedic texts like the Charaka Samhita and Sushruta Samhita. The primary ingredient in Chyavanaprasham is Amla (Indian gooseberry), which is a rich source of Vitamin C and antioxidants. It also contains a blend of various other herbs, spices, and natural ingredients like ghee (clarified butter), honey, sugar, and various medicinal plants.
- Amla (Emblica officinalis): Abundant in Vitamin C and antioxidants, Amla supports immune function and revitalizes the body.
- Honey (Apis mellifera): A natural sweetener with antimicrobial properties that enhances the overall taste and preserves the potency of the herbal ingredients.
- Cow's Ghee (Bos indicus): Rich in essential fatty acids, ghee promotes digestion and the absorption of vital nutrients.
- Sesamum indicum: Loaded with beneficial minerals, sesame seeds contribute to bone health and provide a source of sustainable energy.
- Gmelina arborea: Known for its anti-inflammatory properties, Gmelina supports respiratory well-being and promotes healthy lun